Exhausted, Frustrated and Losing My Mind!


I am tired, I am frustrated, and I feel like an absolute failure at the end of each day.

It feels like we’re not getting enough school work done in a day, like I am not stimulating my almost 1-year old enough, like my middle child is not getting nearly enough attention and that my relationship with my partner is falling apart.  To top it off I have a hording mother-in-law living with me and my house is always a mess.  The large bred part wolf, part dog that came with the mother-in-law makes sure that there is not a single inch of lawn left for the children to play on, instead it is filled with his elephant sized dung.  This of course leads to more flies, leading to a whole nuisance of its own. At the same time I feel guilty for not having enough space for him to run around and get the exercise he needs.



Yes, I am nagging and complaining again! I am overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done.  All the different roles I must play, and hats I have to wear.  I feel like I am constantly on the verge of a panic attack and if I dare relax for just one second all will fall apart.  I will forget something important, something will be left incomplete, we will fall even further behind in schedule. 

My decisions affect more than just my own life, it affects lives of not just my family, but also those of my clients.  On top off all the craziness currently happening in my life, I still have a business to run.  More than one actually but, seeing that the others can’t get off the ground (without me putting some time and energy into it), let’s focus on the up and running dance studio.  Brides and grooms preparing for their wedding dance, ladies counting on us to help them get fit and lose weight.  I can’t just take a chill pill and take the night off.  That means adding more stress on someone paying me to take some of that stress away.  Someone running out of time to learn their first dance, someone losing focus on their road to health that may lead to them giving up on their goals completely.

So how do I overcome these everyday obstacles leading to exhaustion, frustration and way too much drama in my life?  I have many theories, but at the end of the day they are just that, theories.

I will have to put another blog together with some tips once I’ve jotted some down that I’ve actually tried and succeeded at.  

Today I don’t have the answers, but today I am taking a breather, for me.  I left the kids at home with daddy, got in my car and came to our local mall.  I didn’t come for some retail therapy, I grabbed a table in the corner of the food court, that many utilize daily as their out of home office.  I had a list of things in my head that I wanted to get done while spending just one hour here.  I did not do any of them. Instead, I sat down and wrote this blog.  This blog that doesn’t offer any advice, any help of any means to mothers, wives or business women out there.  Unless of course today you read this and you realize that you are not alone.  Life gets too much, for all of us at some point.

My wish for you today is that you can have one cup of coffee, a glass of wine, a deep breath, whatever it may be that you need – ALONE and in peace.

Comments

Popular Posts